Cocopeat 5 KG Block
Cocopeat (coir pith) is grown, not mined. Cocopeat is the by product which arises during the extraction of coir fibre from the coconut husk. It is used as a growing medium and/or as a soil conditioner (potting soil mixture) in horticulture, floriculture, landscaping and domestic gardens.
Cocopeat is ideal as a growing medium / soil conditioner for all soil types. Because of its fibrous nature it will break up the heavies of clay soils, making it more friable and allowing free drainage. It is also ideal for use in light and sandy soils where, because of its sponge-like structure, it retains large quantities of water and oxygen and helps in preventing leaching of vital nutrients. Cocopeat has excellent water retention capacity.
- Totally organic and eco-friendly.
- High water holding capacity (>70% WHC) and moisture retention requires less frequent watering.
- Easily re-wets.
- Improved aeration and microbiological activity – contains natural enzymes, humus and plant nutrients.
- Improved fertiliser uptake / nutrient use efficiency – holds water and nutrients and provides them as required.
- Produces more fibrous and much stronger root growth.
- Reduces soil temperature.
- Resistant to bacterial, weed, fungal growth, and is truly pathogen free.
- No disposal costs (unlike for rockwool) as the product can be used as a soil conditioner after use.